Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More on Mazatlan

Just a few more details on our trip.
This little guy was found walking around the pool area. Yeah not something you see everyday unless you are in Mexico then you see them all over the place.

It is so funny how the kids love Mexican food and were so excited to go to Mexico and eat everything they love. They ended up a bit disappointed. Ashley kept saying I want a huge burrito, but learned that the burritos they make are not what she eats here. I think in the end they like the American version of Mexican food. What I thought was funny was the hot dog stands and how crowded they were. Yeah I had some issues. I don't hide the fact that I am very picky about what I eat but one of my huge issues is cleanliness. I could not in any way bring myself to eat food off a cart around my house there is no way I'm eating food off a cart in Mexico. I even have issues at potlucks. If I don't whose kitchen made the dish I will usually skip it. Buffets also give me the creeps. But we did find a really yummy spot that was packed with locals, we found out why the meat they had was super good.
Don't go there in the summer because it is so freaking humid. I can handle the heat but humidity is the worst. I gave up on make up because I would sweat it off within a hour.
We finally found out why the chicken crossed the road. It was to get to the surf shop across the street. Ha-ha we saw two guys chasing a chicken across a very busy street and it happened into the surf shop parking lot. I wish I had taken a picture.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails